Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Don't Forget the Others

I will be the first one to admit that I have a set of friends I call-up, talk to, or message on a daily basis, for I think that is something we as humans all naturally have. These are my best friends, my friends that I hang-out with as much as possible, and my speed-dial friends (so to say). And I can also openly say that they are on a whole different list from my other friends. They are not just in my address book on my phone, they have a whole section for quick and easy access. Leaving them on easy access makes sense too, because I talk to them as often as I talk to my family. And maybe every now and then we will quarrel and I will write something about them on here to blow off steam, but these are still my best friends and within an hour I feel fairly close to fine again. That sort of friendship is something special and I know that. To say that this list is exclusive might not be too far from the truth.

But they are not my only friends and actually I have an entire list of great and wonderful people just around the bend, or to the touch of another button so-to-speak, on my phone. This second set of friends, the ones that I could not have lived without for a portion of my life, are slightly different from the first. We click really well and if we were brought together in a room for the first time in a year, then we would have no problem picking up where life left off. These are my great friends, to which I mean they are the people I do not take for granted and I want to keep close to me, but for whatever reason we just are not very good over the long distance.

With all of that said, it will seem weird that now I am going to add that I need to start telling myself to not forget about the others. For instance, out of some part of me I decided that today I would contact my great, amazingly talented and smart friend Mari. I do not think I would have gotten through college without her, she is that sort of loving and caring individual. Well, at first we spoke about job hunting and what not, but then we moved on like time had not passed between us. That is the sign of a great friendship and I admire that we have something like that. So here is more of a personal note than a forewarning to others, I need to not forget about the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment