Tuesday, September 18, 2012

When Does It End?

Today I decided to take a dive on the stranger side and I clicked that button at the top of my blog that says simply, "Next Blog»". Maybe curiosity had gotten the better of me, but I just wanted to see what other types of bloggers were out there and what they were writing about. So what did I learn? Pretty much nothing that I did not already know. Most blogs out there are run by women who just want a minute to be heard, a look into their style, and a place to call their own. I am not saying that is a bad thing at all, everyone deserves a little bit of space out there to post what they are thinking.

What was more interesting is how people seem to have vanished from the blogging scene. What was once a very vibrant community seems to have died down to a few blogs per month or even a stop completely to all blogging capabilities. Which got me to thinking, how long do blogs tend to stay alive? For some, it was a small glimpse into a dark, corner section of their lives. For others, it was just something on the side and they lost track. And maybe I was asking this question for the greater interest, when will my blog die off.

I guess it is going to take something as powerful as pinterest, a social media website that basically killed off all the arts and crafts blogs, or tumbler, a quick-post thought and image social media website, to actually move me onto something new. But I do not think that will happen though, because for all the good that are those websites they lack one important part of me. I like to write. I like to express myself with the english language, spraying my words onto paper and letting my thoughts ramble on. So I do not see myself switching any time soon, but I also can see why a lot of these older blogs are sort of just dying off.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment