Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Watch This: Think Like a Man

Advertisement Image for Think Like a Man
I know that a lot of men out there try and dodge "chick flicks" whenever they hear about them, but to me it is less about the fact that this is a "chick flick" film and more about that this is a comedy. So when I first heard about it and saw a few clips of it, I knew that I was going to end up watching this movie to see what was going on. So I found a copy of the movie I could rent for a few hours and while the puppy was taking a nap I started watching it. I do not want to say that I was completely impressed, but actually I liked this movie for the feel-good moments that I knew were coming and that I knew would have to happen. Anyway, here is my review for Think Like a Man.


Think Like a Man [2012]
At the beginning of this movie the viewers are shown a total of six men, four that have girlfriends or dates, one that is happily married, and one that is going through a divorce. Except for one of the four with girlfriends/dates, the others get dumped and they are in need of a new soul partner to start sharing their experiences with. And of course there is a catch, otherwise this would not be a very good "chick flick." See, an author has just come out with a new book that supposedly helps women act like ladies while thinking like men. In a way, it gives them a basic rule book and guideline to cross over and find the one that is perfect for them, which is perfect because as the viewer knows there are three ladies out there and one girlfriend who are going to read the book and start taking the advice to change the men.

Theatrical Trailer for Think Like a Man

Now like I previously stated, this is a feel-good movie, as in except for the obvious scene where you know they are all going to end up going their separate ways, you know right off the bat that there is going to be a happy ending. You also know that there is going to be a lot of dating scenes with good vibrations coming straight off the film and into your heart, and except for that one scene you know has to happen to actually bridge the gap between book and reality, it is definitely a very positive and happy movie. And for that reason alone I probably would be satisfied with this movie.

Beyond the feel-good feelings that I got from the film, it also has a very diverse and unique cast of characters that all seem to have their own agenda, and I really appreciated that. This is how I like movies, they show that you can actually feature more than three characters on the film and both show where they currently stand and then develop them further. So for reference to my past reviews of why I get upset when I say characters are never fully developed but rather thrown in there, here is a film where I think the opposite actually. 

Anyway, if you have a few hours of free time and a girlfriend or some girls to watch this with, I recommend picking up a copy and taking a look. Like I said, this is a feel-good chick flick, so I am not exactly recommending it for men unless they wanna score some points with their ladies or touch their feminine side a bit. It is totally worth that though.

The Spotted Canvas uses the Think Like a Man promotional media but is not endorsed or certified by Sony Pictures Entertainment. All of the Think Like a Man logos and trademarks displayed on this website are the property of Sony Pictures Entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment