Friday, September 21, 2012

And the Puppy Returns

For the last couple of weeks I have been sitting at home in the quite refuge of my parents home. I would wake-up in the morning, feed the cats and the bird, and then go about my day of doing nothing. What I accomplished in that time is pretty obvious; a whole television show, a bunch of backgrounds for my smartphone, and I started playing a brand new game. In other words, I did absolutely nothing constructive (unless you count the smartphone backgrounds as constructive).

She's Back!
She's Been Back...

But that time is over, because today was the hectic and crazy puppy  first full day back in Colorado. The first thing we let her do was go outside and run around like a nut. The first thing she did when we let her outside, she ran around like a nut! Prediction accomplished, which I do mean because we watched her run from one side of the yard to the other, then back again, then roll around in the grass, and so on and so forth as she frolicked freely. Then I started tossing toys for her to fetch and just all around loving my puppy dog. During that time I managed to snap the photo featured to the left, which I just could not help but add in a bit of an edit after hearing some horror stories from my parent's trip to Illinois.

Sure enough, she never tired out all day, which has left be quite exhausted actually from chasing her about. Still, I have been managing to get some free time in my spare time and play my games or do whatever. But I have to say, I really do love having a puppy home again.

Her First Minutes Home

I remember this clearly, because my Mom said out loud, "I wonder if she will remember you." I got down and called to the darling and she not only came running, she jumped up and into my arms and tackled me to the ground. No lie, this bigger than I last saw her puppy just tackled me straight to the ground. Then she immediately sat in my lap and continued to give me kisses for a whole five minutes. Again, not lying, my mom was literally astonished to watch as the dog went crazy-happy when she saw me. I was actually trying to push her off of me, she seemed unable to get enough of me. A few minutes later and she was following me everywhere I walked in the yard. It was very cute. So I threw the toys for her.

Since my parents arrived at their home late at night, the sun had already set and we were playing and loving in the lamp-light. I was rather tired myself (and I had not been driving all day), so I told my mom and Dad that I was going to bed with them. So that was it.

Sorry to post this out of chronological order, but it just felt right.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that the puppy is back home. I had no doubt that she would remember you.

    ReplyDelete