Sunday, September 23, 2012

Poopy Puppy Provocation

Our poor little puppy-dog has unfortunately a bad case of the runs, where ever thirty minutes she has needed to go outside and try to have a bowel movement of some sort. Unfortunately, for our family that means watching her extra closely since she has still not fully grasped the concept of being house broken. And even if she was trained to not go inside our home, I do not think that this special circumstance would stop her from doing number two inside since this seems to be happening so frequently. But that is not the bad part, for we can all deal with watching her closely and taking her outside when need-be.

That Puppy Loves Me!
What turned out unfortunate was the job that one of us had to fill of listening for her whimpers in the middle of the night telling us she needed to go outside. And worse yet, I ended up being selected (and not self-elected) for the position. So I spent most of the night in a bedroom close-by with my door open and my ears turned on. That also meant I had to sleep lightly and be ready to get-up and be outside in the freezing mountain air early in the morning. I slept in my clothes and I was extremely uncomfortable. I also slept in a light sleep state for most of the night; which although has helped me feel rather rested for today, sleeping like that did not help me feel fully rested. To say the least, I am tired.

I finally got-up and out of bed (without having to get up to her whimpering in the middle of the night, thankfully) and took the pup outside at six in the morning. It was freezing outside and she quickly led the way down the hill to the spot in our backyard where she wanted to do her business. Then she found another spot and did the other type of business. She wanted to start exploring the yard some more, but I was too cold so I brought her back inside. After that, I threw her toy raccoon around for a while and watched her fetch the fuzzy squeaky toy.

For the next hour and a half, I was outside with her every thirty minutes until finally my Father came and took her on a walk. I do not feel bad for him, he went to sleep earlier than I did and got up later than I did and he had a nice, warm sweatshirt on to take her on the walk that pup deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment