Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A New, Darker Tumble

I have always thought of myself as two different halves. There is the one side that sees the world for what it is and then a side that likes to look a bit more abstractly on what I think. In other words, in one world I can see my friends, family, and everyone else as they are, but in another world I like to think backwards and turn things around. Maybe up is down and down becomes up, the limits of society suddenly unconstructed and the limitless suddenly pushed back.

So, to bring about a new sense of disorder, I decided to just start a whole new blog to get these thoughts out in the open. This new blog is going to be one-hundred percent darker than this one, and definitely more abstract. I will probably even offend some people along the way, which is why I am not really going to associate this blog with my name. Actually, besides this post here I do not think I am going to mention it anywhere else. And that is what this blog is supposed to be, anonymous and abstract. If you would like to take a look at the blog's design, this will be the only place I post the link.


I decided to use Tumblr as the hosting website because I wanted a few options that are only available on Tumblr. First of all, this is going to be a rather rambling blog where I actually plan on just going on about something I have randomly concluded. Since it is a ramble, I want it to also be able to have infinite scrolling. I like the idea that if someone gets really into reading my stuff they can just scroll down forever. I will also not be posting anything that will stop people from using it as such, meaning there are no links except the one. Second, I want this blog to be filled with posts that come out on a random schedule and not because I made them. I will write my thoughts down, but the postings will be at random times that may not associate with exactly when I wrote them. Tumblr has a wonderful way of doing that, which should make it interesting. And finally, I wanted to post somewhere with fluctuating amounts of persons that can then repost what they find. In other words, I want to spread the wealth, so to speak, that I write and then see if it grows.

This is both an experiment as much as it is a test. We'll have to see if I can keep posting on there up-to-date and daily like I do with this blog. And if I do manage to get an audience, then this might get even more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment