Monday, August 6, 2012

A Very Weird Horoscope Today

I would like to start off by saying I am not very superstitious when it comes to luck and the alignment of planets and all of that. I just cannot see how the day I was born would have anything to do with or relate to the alignment of the planets, and even less understanding of how someone born two days different can have the same fate as I do. And do not get me wrong, I understand the philosophy behind horoscopes and Chinese proverbs of wisdom, but they just do not make sense to me.

Instead, I read my horoscope and my daily words of wisdom because it gives me something fun and interesting to do on my down time. I do not tend to take them for more than that, a bunch of very bland predictions of what I should feel like for the day that may or may not be right. So when I finally get one that not only hits home, but perfectly on to my current emotions, I am a bit surprised. Take for instance today.

Here's today's horoscope for Aquarius (Aug 6, 2012):

Mood: 3/6 Stars
A very demanding Monday due to the square formed between the moon and Pluto which could bring back old problems to life.
Love: 2/6 Stars
Unfortunately you will barely have any time to devote to your love life, you will be far too busy as it is.
Career: 2/6 Stars
You could well totally ignore important pieces of information you will be given today.
Wellness: 2/6 Stars
You can expect stress, mostly due to the issues present in your professional life today.
Now again, I'm not very superstitious, but that does hit right at home for how I feel right now. I've literally been spending all morning doing one of two things. The first is working with the puppy to try and get her to understand some basic commands. By basic, I mean things like Sit, Come here, Lay down, and so forth. These are things that all dogs learn and she needs to learn, but she is being stubborn and the treats are not helping yet. And just for the random note, right now she is rolling around in front of me and biting my toes. Oh yea, that is another thing we are trying to train her not to do, bite people...

The second thing I have been working on today is getting my career path going, by which I mean I am still job hunting. Now, I am not saying that I just started looking for the job of my dreams. In fact I have been looking for almost three months and the wait has been wearing me down. And do not get me wrong, if I truly needed something to survive then I would be applying to every insanely stupid job there is out there. Just for example, I would apply at Target and Walmart and everywhere else. The fact is, I can live at home for a bit longer and continue searching for my dream job. That is what I am doing.

So to say the least, it is starting to wear on me since I know two things. The first is that the longer I wait, the harder it is going to be to get a job in my field of choice. This is because hiring managers see this time off as time poorly spent, time I could have been using to perfect my skill even if at a reduced pay. It kills me to say this, but I am already looking for those reduced pay options and just not finding any out there. I've asked for Part-Time, Internships, and even Full-Time with a clearly underpaid salary. Still, nothing. The second is that with time more students are coming out of college with the same degree level I have and applying for jobs. That means the field I want to work in is becoming more saturated with applicants and yet the job market still in not changing.

On the reverse side, if I would have gotten a career, then I would be in better shape because both of those problems suddenly become fixed. In this economy, I would be adding something more valuable than education to my résumé, which is experience. That would be considered time well spent by any hiring official. Not to mention, the experience counts as something more over the educated, giving me a chance to be in a different league from the new graduates. But there lies the problem with this scheme, to get a better chance I need to first be given a chance. In other words, this is the same Catch-22 that I've been experiencing since I finished my undergraduate degree.

But yet I still cannot give up hope for what I want in my career. I am highly reliant on my friends and family right now to make me feel better, to help me continue going out there daily and to continued my struggled search. I look to my friend Vicki, to which I know she is in and has been in the same circling insanity for the past year. Still, she has not given up her own search for the job opportunity and in fact I have noticed her striving onwards with increased valor. And to my friend Jodi, who's whole family is actually supportive in me working towards getting a career in my field of choice so that I may be happy. They are even going so far as to try and help me make valuable contacts with their friends in the same field. And to my parents, for not kicking me out when they know I could survive off of a job that would leave me unhappy and emotionally wrecked. These are the people I have fallen back on for my perseverance, and I thank them daily. Yet even beyond that, there is hope from my Horoscope should I take faith in that. Here is my Horoscope for the week:

Love:
6/6 Stars
Money:
5/6 Stars
Luck:
5/6 Stars
Week: Things will happen in very quick succession to help you fulfill your most intimate desires. You will set off without a care in the world and the people you talk to will help you out. Your love affairs will be intense and passionate... and numerous!!
End: As your finances are looking pretty good, you will allow yourself to spend a large amount of money in order to spoil your other half who couldn't have asked for more!! You will be worshipped, even by his/her friends who will be left speechless!!
Advice: Be careful not to get carried away. You know that you have a tendency to be excessive, so learn how to control your impulses. Otherwise you could regret it later. Your banker will not always be as flexible as you!


If you are curious as to where I got my horoscope from, I actually took it from an app on my iPhone. The application is called Horoscope and made by horoscope.fr (where the fr stands for free). I suspect this is the same application as the Ad-Free version called iHoroscope! As always, I'll provide links below!
Horoscope by horoscope.fr 
iHoroscope! by oWorld Software
The Spotted Canvas uses the Horoscope® and iHoroscope!® application programming interface but is not endorsed or certified by their creators. All of the Horoscope® and iHoroscope!® logos and trademarks displayed on this website are the property of their creators.

No comments:

Post a Comment