Wednesday, August 22, 2012

In the Dead, Boring Part of Night

I do not expect that anyone has seen what I made last night and added to my blog; mainly because for one I did not make a big post about it until now and for two I put it in a section that I am not forcing everyone to go over and look at all the time. Anyway, last night I was feeling rather bored and I wanted to take one of my photographs and transform it from a normal picture into something rather spectacular. I chose a photograph that I took within the last year while I was out walking, passing by a lake that was nearby my apartment. In the photograph there was a beautiful sun setting in the background, the colors a radiant red and orange across the lake. 

What I transformed the picture into was something much more than that, something with colors so uniquely different that it is hard to believe the original picture it came from. Out went the red, and with the swipe of a button everything was purple and blue. From there I focused on really adding in the space scene, adding astrological formations such as stars and the weird way colors seem to work as well with space pictures. And finally, I felt like topping the whole thing off with a planet to blend it all together. I just wish I could have added in a second planet in the upper left, one to balance out the first. The reason I did not add in that second planet was because I knew the only way it would look good was if it had a ring.

My Space and Mountains Photo Manipulation Picture
Now although the photograph looks spectacular, it is actually made up of fairly simple parts. With a bit of blending and a lot of previous knowledge of photoshop, I was able to quickly and efficiently take several different scenes from other photographs provided on google and morph them together. Sometimes I wish I would actually work to make my own backgrounds and work really hard to add in my own shooting stars, but it seems like a tedious task and the point of photoshop is to quickly take several pieces and blend them together or else make it all from scratch. Okay, I might have that idea wrong, but whatever. Anyway, staying up late has made yet another beautiful picture for my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment