Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Listen to This: Turn Up the Music

If someone would have told me to listen to a song by Chris Brown, I probably would have asked why. That is not to say that I think he is a bad person, but more because up until now I just have not found anything that I like by him. No offense, I just did not care for any of his previous stuff and there is a lot of stuff in his modern music that I could not give a care for either. But still, that is not to say that a single does not pop out of the blue and catch me by surprise. So, feeling open to listening to this song, I found that I loved it. Granted, the first time I heard it I thought to myself that it was okay. About two weeks later, I had it stuck in my head even though I had not heard it once since then. Sometimes that is just how things work for me. And now I am in love with this song, dancing along to it like the most amateur dancer that I am (and I do not plan to take my excellent skills professional any time soon, though that might be saving the world from those problems).

Anyway, after that short period of time I just needed to hear this song again. So I loaded up the youtube page and started listening to it again, and again, and again. This did not satisfy my craving though, and as I was in my car driving to target or the liquor store or somewhere (I can't remember exactly, but it was in that general direction from my house), I loaded up the music video again on my smartphone and had another play. To say the least, within a day I had this downloaded and was playing it on repeat.

Music Video for Turn Up the Music by Chris Brown

Now what I like about this song is almost everything. I love the back beat, which is that rhythmic dance beat that just gets my hands and feet moving. And if the last music video I picked is to describe how much I love songs about the love of music, then that should tell you why I like the lyrics. But even beyond that, Chris Brown does a wonderful job of taking his song emotionally to the next level. Listen, by which I do not mean closely, and you will hear him screaming as he tries to convey how much turning up the music means to him. It is this emotional involvement, which we have not seen as in-depth in modern music, that I really like. Anyway, I say give it a listen!

The Spotted Canvas uses the Turn Up the Music music video but is not endorsed or certified by Sony Music Entertainment. All of the Turn Up the Music promotional material and trademarks displayed on this website are the property of Sony Music Entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment