Saturday, July 14, 2012

Watch Me Bleed (A Song)

You ever hear a song and just keep thinking it reminds you of something that just recently happened in your life. I feel like that is happening all the time right now with a friend's situation. I can hear her situation, her pain in these songs and I really feel terrible for her. I know she'll get through this, but it is really painful...

And then I got something new..

Relating to Life
On the second time listening through to this new album my brother found, I started hearing my friend's situation. There's something about the beginning that makes me sad, followed by just the burst of emotion that makes me really click and see what she's going through. I felt like just sharing that music with the people around me, I think it does some justice (not full justice) to what happened.

Watch Me Bleed by Scary Kids Scaring Kids

A Quick Analysis-
The beginning of the song is very much a story, hidden in some very cleverly done lyrics. He starts by singing, "The silence keeps it easy, keeps you safe for the moment," which is really a focus on that moment right after something horrible has been said. Imagine being the person who was hurt, unable to speak and unable to understand what just happened, and the loss of words between the two just sort of settling in.

Then with the next part, the lover begins to walk away in real life but not in the singer's mind. You can tell that the singer was hurt by someone they had fallen in love with, it's very obvious.
So to me the song sounds like the singer was hurt by someone they had fallen in love with. The lyrics describe how inside the singer feels hollow now with such lines as "You pierce my lungs, my limbs go numb." I don't think there's any song I've heard that really brings the moment around as clearly as this one. And the line "All you needed was time, but now time will destroy us." This is the line that made it all click and make me think of my friend. I know she is in pain, I know she is hurting, but there's a lot of truth to these lines. I really feel for her, and it's painful to hear a song like this, one that really helps put me in her shoes and understand what she's going through.

"You watch me bleed" and "We're stuck inside this salted earth together" go really well together as well, where the lyrics have found a way around using the cliché way of saying 'Salt on an open wound.' I really love this part of the song for my friend, because she herself has used that cliché several times, so I know it describes what is happening to her.

Final Thoughts-
To my friend, I hope the best for you every day. I know it's going to take some time before you feel like you can make a day without thinking about what happened, about him, and about all of that. I just want you to know that I support you, that I'm here to listen no matter what, and that I do care deeply for you! You'll get through this, you'll do it at your own speed, and I'm here to help and support you.


About the Song
So I have to give credit to my brother for finding that song, for finding the whole album, and for finding the band. Before he sent it to me, I did not know who they were or if their music was good or not. In fact, I probably would have passed them up completely, but they are actually really good. I recommend them! They have a really amazing orchestration going on that makes it all flow and the lyrics are well done. And not just that song, truly a lot of the album is great!

I think one of the reasons that the song I've listed here, along with a few other on the album, really hooked with me is that they remind me of Silent Hill. It has this gloomy sort of feel to the beginning that catches my attention and keeps me listening. It works, in it's own way.

One of the odd things about all of this is that the person that wrecked my friends life, who is also my friend as well (and why this whole situation is very hard for me personally, though still incomparable) is that he'll actually have this song by now. He'll have downloaded it, listened to it, and probably related to it in his own way as well. It seems strange to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment