Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Big Day for A Bigger Puppy

Today was a rather big day for our little girl. First, she was in puppy training class where she learned absolutely nothing new that my Mom and I have been working on her on. However, I think my Dad might have learned a thing or two while in class.

Our Puppy and her new Red Snake Toy
Then she got to play with a brand new snake toy that my Mom bought for her while at the store. The reason we got this snake toy for her was because my friend Jodi had showed us a toy that had several squeakers in it and so we thought our dog would enjoy that one as well. At first she was scared to really bite down on her toy, her jaw gently and firmly holding her red snake as she carried it around the house. We had to start rough housing with her just to get her to start biting at the different squeakers. After a while, she was so into attacking the snake that we could almost get her flipping (literally, jumping into the air and flipping) to get at the toy. Still, the squeakers are sort of hard for her to bite down on and she loves that toy. Every now and then we can see her licking it like she cares about the snake, weird.

And then the real fun started as my Father started chopping down the final parts of our cherry tree. I took a video of him taking down that final part in his special outfit that reminds my Mom and me of "Bob the Builder" from one of the kid cartoon networks. 

Chopping down the Cherry Tree

Afterwards, we let the dog outside to inspect that yard work that had been performed. She was not pleased at all with what my Dad had done, and verbally told us that the changes were unasked for and not part of her landscaping idea. So of course I took a video of that as well, our whole family laughing as we watched her inspect and reinspect the now fallen tree. My Dad pointed out during this that it was interesting that if she remodeled the backyard then what happened was fine, but if any of us remodeled her play area we were overstepping our bounds. Later, my Mother and I would discuss how she did seem quite upset when we last moved around stones and cut branches off of some of the other bushes in the yard, simple procedures and what not. Still, she's a funny puppy!

Puppy Reaction to Chopped Down Cherry Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment